[Peace-discuss] reaching outside of CU on referenda

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:02:21 CDT 2007

regarding April 10 - recall that last year there were referenda in the
Chicago area, C-U, and Springfield.

I think it would be really powerful if this would spread around
downstate - in particular, around the 15th Congressional District:

Bloomington
Normal
Danville
Charleston
Mattoon

So, anyone know anyone in those places they could recruit?

Of course, there is no reason in principle one could also not do:
Rantoul, Savoy, Mahomet, St. Joe, Ogden, Sadorus. Why not? I think at
this point the upside of creating the political debate in small towns
would win out over the danger of losing. If we lose in Mahomet,
no-one's going to say, "Aha! The war is popular." But if we *win* in
Mahomet, we can say, "even _Mahomet_ is against the war."