[Peace-discuss] petition in support of Norman Finkelstein

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 10 09:52:45 CDT 2007

I sent a note to the president of DePaul last week in support of
Finkelstein and got an immediate and cordial reply.  In addition to
signing the petition, you could email Fr. Dennis
Holtschneider <president at depaul.edu>.

Bob is right that it seems to be "a clear academic freedom issue."  The
awful Alan Dershowitz of Harvard wrote to the DePaul faculty to denounce
Finkelstein (as he wrote to Gov. Schwarzenegger to try to get him to
stop the U. California Press from publishing Finkelstein's book) and
managed to influence a dean.  --CGE