[Peace-discuss] Re: [Imc] Intentions

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 04:28:03 CDT 2007

Scintillating as this discussion is, I don't understand why it has to drag
on so long, with such high drama, on two public fora.  This isn't the New
York Times.  Carl is obviously much more wedded to every jot and tittle of
his scholarly masterpieces of journalism than is the average contributor to
the public i, and seemingly much less interested at this point in good-faith
negotiation.  A "business" deal or contractual agreement was apparently
struck between the public i and Carl, although no money changed hands.  So
it remains merely to carry out its terms.

It seems to me that the public i needs to either defecate or get off the
porcelain feces receptacle.  Either print Carl's article with every word
intact, or tell him to go peddle his proverbial papers someplace else.  In
the now non-hierarchical structure of the public i, whose decision is it to
make?  Make it and don't look back.  Or you could, I suppose, delay the
publication of the public i indefinitely while suffering a paralysis of
indecision.

Balefully,

John Wason
founding public i "Editor At Large"

I gave permission for a piece to be published with clear conditions.  It