[Peace-discuss] More on election

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:05:13 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 10:23:41AM -0500, Bob Illyes wrote:
> Yup, Karen, everything is my fault. As a recovering German Protestant,
> this has never been less than obvious to me.
>
> On a more serious note, this election was decided by the ability
> of the parties and other organizations to get out the vote. Annette
> in particular worked her tail off, but somehow the rest of us let
> her down. This is a hard problem, with the media largely under the
> control of the right. But it is not a problem we can't solve.
> Democracy requires a lot of patience, unfortunately.

I keep thinking of something that Laurel Prussing mentioned in
a WEFT interview a year or two ago.  I think she called it the
mosquito theory of politics.  We just have to keep batting against
the screen, in the hope that somewhere there'll be a hole
just large enough to squeeze through.

bzzz....

   Stuart