[Peace-discuss] "We'll see a Kucinich Administration before we'll see a Cheney impeachment, "

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 04:22:16 CDT 2007

    Kucinich to file articles of impeachment against Dick Cheney

Posted by Joshua Holland at 12:07 PM on April 17,
2007.

That's according to Mary Ann Aker's Washington Post
blog. I submit it without further comment ...

Looks like he's reached his boiling point.
Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), the most liberal of the
Democratic presidential candidates in the primary
field, declared in a letter sent to his Democratic
House colleagues this morning that he plans to file
articles of impeachment against Vice President Dick
Cheney.

Kucinich has made ending the war in Iraq the central
theme of his campaign. He has even taken aim at the
leading Democratic presidential candidates in the
field for their votes on authorizing the war.

Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution gives
Congress the authority to impeach the president, vice
president and "all civil Officers of the United
States" for "treason, bribery, or other high Crimes
and Misdemeanors."

Sources tell the Sleuth that in light of the mass
killings at Virginia Tech Monday, Kucinich's
impeachment plans have been put on hold. There will be
no action this week, they say.

Kucinich's office had no comment on the Congressman's
"Dear Colleague" letter -- which apparently was
drafted over the weekend, before the school massacre
-- or on what the focus of articles of impeachment
against Cheney would be.

But Kucinich shouldn't hold his breath on getting
anywhere with his impeachment plan. "We'll see a
Kucinich Administration before we'll see a Cheney
impeachment," quipped one Democratic aide [Editor's
note: is there a more vile creature in existence than
these un-named "Democratic aides" who make "quips"
like this to the WaPo?].

Here is the text of his letter, a copy of which was
forwarded to the Sleuth:
April 17, 2007

Dear Colleague:

This week I intend to introduce Articles of
Impeachment with respect to the conduct of Vice
President Cheney. Please have your staff contact my
office . . . if you would like to receive a
confidential copy of the document prior to its
introduction in the House.

Sincerely,

/s/

Dennis J. Kucinich

Member of Congress

  But judge for yourself, don't be afraid, Watch This or This