[Peace-discuss] juries, police

illyes at uiuc.edu illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 18 23:07:31 CDT 2007

I agree with Carl. In our conversations in the Court Watch group, we have been repeatedly concerned with that lack of knowledge of how should behave regarding the police. Education is perhaps the best thing we can do to lower the temperature of the community. Same for jury duty. Folks need to understand their rights and duties regarding the law (this includes the police) if the judicial system is to work at all as it should. I, for example, had never been inside a court room before I attended Patrick's first trial, and consequently had not thought much about juries.

Bob