[Peace-discuss] Why do people believe in Congress?

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 20 03:47:16 CDT 2007

Why do people believe that reaching Congress will make even the slightest difference at all?  Congress
is totally corrupt.  Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership basically said impeachment was off the
table once they entered the halls of power after the overwhelming mandate the population essentially
gave them to pursue impeachment.  What more evidence does one need that the Democrats are totally
worthless?  The intoxication of the money and power in Washington easily overrides rational
judgements made in the name of the common good.  Washington is a place where agribusiness (who
will do nothing about all of the honeybees dying), oil, finance, defense, pharamceuticals, et. al decide
everything.  They lobby heavily with the help of massive P.R. to politicians who are nothing more than
egotistical, greedy dolts happy to stand before the T.V. camera and give stupid news interviews.  The
Democrats are bought, sold, and controlled just like their Republican predecessors.  They just throw
little bones before the helpless infantile masses.  Oh, we'll raise the minimum wage from $5 to $6 an
hour.  Yeah!!!!!!   Spare me the stench of the manure from that repugnant capital city!