[Peace-discuss] Why I don't mourn for the Va-Tech incident

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 23 11:40:50 CDT 2007

I didn't think of that.  But, reading the Unabomber Manifesto, it makes some of the most poignant and
prescient criticisms of modern technological society I have yet seen.

I really do mean that we should consider the Va Tech massacre in terms of the daily massacre in Iraq.  Do
Va Tech students possess more existential value than the dozens of Iraq civilians whose blood runs
through the streets of Baghdad and other cities in a country known for being the cradle of human
civilization?

I think we must consider the hypocrisy in our belief systems which cause us to forget these other human
beings, no less valuable than the people who died on the Va Tech campus, deserve our care and concern
despite the fact that they are not U.S. citizens....