[Peace-discuss] William Rodriguez, a real hero.

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 15:29:05 CDT 2007

Yesterday I went to Peoria to hear William Rodriguez speak. He was the last man out of the North Tower on 9/11, and has been recognized as a national hero. He worked as a janitor in the North Tower for 20 years. For the first ten he was Governor Como’s personal janitor, and in that job he served coffee and was more like a butler/manservant and consequently became very politically savvy.  Then he was transferred and put in charge of the three staircases in the North Tower. Every morning he had free breakfast in Windows of the World at the top of the North Tower. As a result, he knew every employee of the restaurant and was their friend. On 9/11 it was his goal to save those friends.

  On 9/11 he got to work late and that saved his life. At 8:36 AM he was in the Basement at the B-1 level, when there was huge explosion from underneath him. He thought a generator on the B-3 level had exploded. Then after a short pause the top of the building was hit by the airplane. He first rescued people who had been injured by the basement explosion, which incidentally had set off the sprinkler system in the basement. He rescued two workers from a freight elevator at the B-3 level who were screaming that they were going to drown from the rising sprinkler water. (Here he makes the side comment, “How could an airplane hitting the very top of the building set off the basement sprinkler system?”)

  He was the only one left with a master key; for the other four master key holders had fled (he had a master key because several years before he had fallen down the stairs and nobody found him for a long time, so he sued to get a key and won.) Since all the elevators were not working and the stair doors were locked, he was the only one who could open them. He tells of leading the firemen up the stairway and evacuating people, and the difficulties that the firemen had with their heavy loads and how they were exhausted by the 27th floor. He also tells of the explosions he and the firemen heard as they were climbing the stairs. Explosions for which there was no explanation.

  He tells how he was just about the only witness that the 9/11 Commission interviewed behind closed doors and how none of his report, or that of any other eyewitnesses to the basement explosions, was included in the report.

  He was rightly treated as a hero and congratulated by Bush. He worked with Hilary Clinton to get a scholarship fund for the victims kids, and also got a bill passed so terrorist victims did not have to pay taxes for two years. He did the latter because all the victims’ families were being harassed by the IRS to pay taxes on the deceased’s estates and incomes, when their affairs were in chaos. He knew how to organize press conferences from his years with Como.

  The Republicans wanted him to run for Congress for they felt he was sho-in for the Latin vote, and promised him millions in campaign funds. Of course in the deal, he had to shut up about the explosions. He was outraged when the official 9/11 report came out and said nothing about the explosions, and made it his goal to spread the truth.

  He has been harassed and his life has not been easy, although he has traveled worldwide telling his story. A year ago he was living as a homeless person in New York, and he only owns one suit, but says he has several neckties.

  About 130 people attended the meeting in Peoria yesterday and he talked for about two hours to several standing ovations. He is a man of extraordinary courage and integrity. He saved hundreds of lives and almost sacrificed his own. But as great as his courage was on 9/11, everyone thinks that the courage he has shown by speaking up since thin is even greater.

  I urge you to watch this video of his:

  And here is a photo of Bush honoring him. He showed this slide at Peoria and quipped, “Don’t blame me, when you get asked to the White House, you go.” Then he walked in front of the projector so that Bush was projected on his body and was blacked out on the screen, which brought the house down.

  He closed by saying that we just had to keep chipping away at public opinion (of which a pretty high percentage now does not believe the government version,) so that finally a current believer will build up enough doubt to investigate on their own, and when they do that they will discover that 9/11 was an inside job, a “false-flag operation,” and that the government version is just a big lie.

  Throughout much of his presentation I had tears in my eyes, and I left the auditorium with an extremely sad, lonely, and empty feeling.

  I urge you to watch the video linked above. Also Google “William Rodriguez.”

  I feel this story is so compelling that I am sending it to a lot of people who normally do not hear from me. This is about a real hero, not about me.

  Chuck

  But judge for yourself, don't be afraid, Watch This or This