[Peace-discuss] Stan Levy for Mayor of Champaign

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 13 14:48:44 CDT 2007

Thanks John Wason for the letter in the NG!

By the way, I looked up a little more about Stan Levy, the person who spoke
so well for the subcommittee of the Champaign Police Community
Relations Committee.

Besides being in the ACLU, Stanley A. Levy was a professor at the University
of Illinois from 1968 to 1995, and in the University Administration 1968-
1994. Many university people know him from his years as Vice Chancellor.

At UIUC, his positions were:
* Vice Chancellor for Campus Affairs (1979-1994),
* Acting Vice Chancellor for Campus Affairs and Acting Dean of Students
(1978-1979),
* Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Affairs (1974-1978),
* Assistant Dean of Students (1968-1974),
* Adjunct Professor of Higher Education (1987-1995)
* Assistant Professor of Higher Education (1968-1987),

Before he moved to Champaign, he was at Cornell where he was faculty in
university administration and student affairs.

-karen medina