[Peace-discuss] Catholics' petition calling for an end to the war in Iraq

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:57:45 CDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Catholics United for an End to the War in Iraq <info at catholics-united.org>
Date: Aug 14, 2007 10:32 AM
Subject: Sign the petition calling for an end to the war in Iraq!
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

  August 13, 2007

Dear Friend of the School of the Americas Watch,

SOA Watch supporters Catholics United, Pax Christi USA, and NETWORK, a
National Catholic Social Justice Lobby recently launched a petition
drive to raise up Catholic voices demanding an end to the War in Iraq.
 We've set an ambitious goal of signing up 20,000 Catholics by
September 1st, and we need your help in order to reach it.

- Are you Catholic or do you know someone who is?
Please sign this petition or forward this message on to your Catholic
friends and colleagues.

--> Sign the Catholic petition calling for an immediate end to the war
in Iraq! - http://catholicsforanend.org/index.php

--> Or forward the petition to your friends whom are Catholic! -
http://catholicsforanend.org/signtell.php

Catholics account for more than 1 in 4 voters nationwide, and our
lawmakers need to know that our faith community will not tolerate a
war without end. By signing this petition or passing it along, you
help remind our policymakers that anything short of immediate action
on Iraq will come as a slap in the face to the millions of U.S.
Catholics who are fed up with the present "stay the course" Iraq
policy.

The time to act is Now!
When Congress reconvenes in September to decide what course to take in
Iraq, Catholics for an End to the War is planning to present them with
20,000 petition signatures from US Catholics.  Will you help us get
there by signing the petition or forwarding this on to Catholics you
know?

Thanks, and see you at Ft. Benning in November!

James, and Chris

http://www.catholicsforanend.org