[Peace-discuss] Ron Paul again

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 22 00:15:25 CDT 2007

Exactly, libertarianism only can really work in an agrarian society of small farmers and decentralized local
municipalities.  A bureaucratic, industrial and now adhoc postindustrial (ie Toffler's term) cannot be
managed with a low tax economic policy.  The dangers of the "free" market are most definitely real when it
comes to the disincentive such a system provides in treating labor.  Even more so, the threat to the
environment through externalities like waste and pollution are particularly damaging as the rising human
population definitely threatens the stability of the natural world itself.  Libertarian policies will never
address issues in these fields.  However, the anti-war, pro-civil liberties aspects of libertarian politics are
impeccable.