[Peace-discuss] Kucinich says...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 29 06:17:24 CDT 2007

There was a series of purportedly anti-war "town meetings" (including
one in Champaign) last night -- organized by the Democratic party --
that seemed to include a good number of people who have not noticed that
fact, John.  Maybe they'll be edified by this morning's headlines, which
point out almost casually that, by the way, Bush wants $50 billion more
for the the Iraq war, and "Planned Request Signals Confidence That
Congress Won't Prevail on Pullout" -- which, decoded, means that the
Democrats won't make any  trouble about it. --CGE