[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Fwd: defend our public nursing home

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:55:08 CST 2007

Fred Giertz is an employee of the U of I, Institute of Government and Public Affairs. He not only has used this position on the public payroll to become an extremely wealthy man, he now uses it to call for the privatization of a vital public institution. The IGPA is in fact an extremely conservative institution, for example employing Jim Edgar, who last week endorsed Guiliani for president. In the IGPA newsletter that is e-mailed weekly to its employees (including me), this was presented in terms of "IGPA in the news," as if there's no problem with Edgar in his official capacity endorsing anyone, no less a sleazeball like R.G. This is all done under the cover of being technocrats and "elder statesmen" (with apologies to Belden).

  DG

  Begin forwarded message: