[Peace-discuss] A Voluntary Tax to Help Pay for the War in Iraq

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 01:43:41 CST 2007

At 01:05 AM 12/12/2007, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

>Why don't we just allow the corporations to fund it, since they stand to
>lose big bucks if the rest of us don't.

Ah, because they're not headquartered in the United States any more, so
they don't have to pay any taxes at all.  It's OUR obligation as individual
taxpayers to give the corporations whatever they want, so that they'll be
kind enough to continue selling us their products and services without
which we could not exist.

John Wason