[Peace-discuss] Call for co-sponsors Tom Hayden Talk March 30

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:01:44 CST 2007

Tom Hayden has recanted and apologized for his horrible role in
Lebanon for 1982, and invoked it as a warning to other politicians.
One can still have issues with him, of course, as with anyone, and
this can be distinguished, as Carl notes, from whether it is a a good
idea to co-sponsor his talk, which I think it is, because he is a
crowd-gathering and media-attracting denouncer of the war and
occupation and opponent of attacking Iran. But it's also worth noting
his recantations:

I Was Israel's Dupe
http://www.counterpunch.org/hayden07202006.html

Things Come 'Round in Mideast
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-hayden/things-come-round-in-mid_b_25654.html

(Full disclosure: Hayden is on the board of Just Foreign Policy.)