[Peace-discuss] Panel on northern Uganda & child soldiers- Feb 20

Shara Esbenshade esbenshd at uni.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 19 23:17:41 CST 2007

                                            -Please forward widely-

A reminder: Panel about Northern Uganda tomorrow night!!

United for Uganda is co-sponsoring a Panel/Community Q&A event with ISKRA.
Everyone is invited to attend!  It is free and open to the public.

"Invisible: Understanding Child Soldiers & the Conflict in Northern Uganda"
Tuesday, February 20th, 2007
7 pm, Gregory Hall, Room 223

We will have four speakers:

Kirk Hauser -- A U of I professor who has studied the psychology of child
soldiers extensively, particularly in Uganda, and will talk about his
research.

Ibulaimu Kakoma -- A Ugandan professor who will offer an internal
perspective on the struggle of child soldiers and community rebuilding in
northern Uganda.

Paula Treichler -- A U of I faculty member who will discuss community
health as applying to Uganda, and the effects of media on the situation.

Laura Strewart -- A leader of the FIC (Forum on International
Cooperation), who will discuss organizational efforts for change in the
region of northern Uganda.

The speakers' presentations will be followed by a question and answer
session with the panelists.

Please come, and please invite all of your friends to come as well!