[Peace-discuss] Article backed by scenes: horror

Tracy Nectoux tnectoux at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 10:06:35 CST 2007

Raimondo's article is indeed harsh, but has a  lot of statements in it
that I agree with.  However, I don't agree with him that the cause
behind our country's atrocities are "The culture of permissiveness, of
moral relativism and heedless hedonism."  Anytime "libertarians" starts
railing against moral relativism, I get leery, mainly because it's
usually my moral compass that they're taking issue with.  I don't know
anything about Justin Raimondo, but I wonder how he voted in 2000.  Or
in 2004, for that matter.

I'm not surprised conservatives like Raimondo are complaining about the
war (most people are these days, even the cheerleaders of 2003); let's
just say I don't think we should be turning to them for the answers,
especially those who "wouldn't rule out" a return to religious morals.

Peace,
Tracy