[Peace-discuss] 9/11

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 14:06:36 CST 2007

With both the government and other groups manufacturing "truth"
wholesale, it has long been a bad idea to trust what you read.
Perhaps the most important lesson here is to measure what you
read against what you personally know. If what you read seems
to be nonsense, it probably is.

This leaves quite a bit of wiggle room, since we all have different
personal experiences. Two different people, both honest and clear-
headed, can consequently have different opinions about what
happened on 9/11 even if they've read the same accounts.

The only important question is "what should we do?" We need to get
out of Iraq, start respecting civil rights, and work to improve the
performance of the press. There are a lot more items that could be
put on this list, of course. What, Chuck and Mark, do you propose
we should do to make the world better that would be different
whether 9/11 was a simple conspiracy, or a conspiracy within a
conspiracy? I can't think of anything. Could both of you guys give
example of such differences?

Bob