[Peace-discuss] Final 9/11 comment

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Sat Feb 24 16:50:24 CST 2007

For what its worth, I think that the motive forces behind 9/11 (and
the Kennedy assassination) will continue to remain obscure, even if
they could be rendered less  so were there honest and intensive
investigations---which there were not. Even if no government
conspiracy existed, and there was only a complete "screw-up", it was
not in the interests of the power structure to reveal its degree of
ineptness and perhaps inert complicity. We can't escape how
convenient 9/11 has been for that power structure, so that even if
not overtly complicit, it was not something it regretted --on the
contrary.

So, I am glad for this discussion. Unlike some, I think it useful and
healthy to continue to challenge the accepted scenarios. I'm
surprised at the lame criticisms of Chomsky, Cockburn, et al., more
so of the latter who too frequently, for all his useful and bold
criticisms, goes racing off track.  Moles galore :-). One needn't be
single (simple) minded about all this, as the former suppose; it
needn't detract from other critiques and behaviors, and my guess is
that most who want better explanations for 9/11 are staunch critiques
of our wars and denials of justice.

9/11 is a signature event of our times, and so merits continual
scrutiny, just as the war in Yugoslavia…

Thanks to all for illuminating comments.