[Peace-discuss] Chomsky et al.

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 17:37:24 CST 2007

ouroboros rex wrote:
>  The key to stop the disruption from moles is the power to eject them from the meeting.  If you have no way to eject them, it's not really your meeting.

Charles,

uh, nope, no ejections. moles are welcome to stay. mice (computer mice) and rats (human rats) too. (Did I increase Bob's animal count?)

Ownership has many meanings, and the meaning in which "power" and "control of power" are way over-rated.

If you are implying that control of power is the only way to move forward, then I beg to differ. I too doubted at first, then I came and saw. I have seen consensus work -- in conjunction with a 90% rule if a very few people disagree.

Is consensus perfect? No. But much closer to perfection than rule by control of power.

-karen medina