[Peace-discuss] Chomsky et al.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 23 22:47:41 CST 2007

"The Greens have done better in Germany" because as a party they moved
substantially to the right, away from their popular base, until they
were acceptable to the parties of government, which are to the right of
the populace, if not so much so in Germany as in the US.  That was the
program of the faction of the German Greens called the "Realos," the
best known member of which is the Foreign Minister, Jokscha Fischer, who
dines out on being a "youthful radical" (which seems to mean that he
once punched a cop), while compiling a record in office of supporting
American imperialism.  --CGE