[Peace-discuss] THE MARCH IN WASHINGTON THIS WEEKEND - JANUARY 27

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:30:18 CST 2007

CAN'T GO TO D.C. THIS WEEKEND (BRRR!) ?

HERE ARE FIVE WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT THE MARCH IN D.C. FROM HERE:

*1* COME TO THE MAIN PARKING LOT AT THE U OF I LIBRARY ON FRIDAY, 5-6 pm
      There will be a sendoff with some media of several minivans
driving people to the protest. Stop by and wish our heroes well. They
represent us.

 *2* CONTRIBUTE SOME MONEY TO DEFRAY THE COSTS OF GASOLINE AND COFFEE
AND BANNERS.
       Make checks payable to Brian Duggan and call Cecille Isidro, in
Philosophy and Linguistics, who will be doing budgeting and logistics
Cecille's contact information is

    217-721-5308
    503 West Green St Apt 1
    Urbana, IL 61801

*3* Attend or drop in on the solidarity protest this Saturday from
2-4. We will be having our own rally at One Main, (Main and Neil) at
the same time as the March in Washington which has been organized by a
very large coalition of groups, including United for Peace and Justice
and MoveOn.org.   Shara Esbenshade & Cody Bralts

*4* While preparing to stop by the solidarity protest, tune in on your
radio from home or car to WRFU, 104.5 FM, from noon to 1:00, Saturday
to hear an "Acting on Faith" show done in solidarity with the anti-war
march.  Jason will play the entirety of the classic Marvin Gaye album,
"What's Going On?," as well as other anti-war speeches and songs from
the last several decades. Call in to the show and speak our about the
war at
                                                 344-2536

* 5* Pass this e-mail along to everyone you know who might want to do
any of the four things above.

Barbara Kessel