[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Ricky online! News-Gazette

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:16:08 CST 2007

At 12:53 PM 1/28/2007, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

>Thanks for the kind words, folks!  I feel a bit "aw,
>shucks," as John Wason would say.  Makes me realize
>-again- how lucky I am to have such good, smart,
>dedicated friends here who care about the world and
>who've helped educate me.
>
>I saw Matt on C-SPAN last night, by the way!  Good
>work, Matt!  Seems his NPR check blog is gaining
>popularity, and rightly so!  Everybody at the media
>conference seemed to already know about him.  We're
>surrounded by good work here!
>
>You should know I told Mike Monson that I often get
>more credit than I'm due because I'm doing the press
>releases.  I feel this article may be another example.
>
>Anyway, I found Mike to be a very nice guy, easy to
>talk to, sympathetic with much of what we do, sincere
>and thoughtful.  He does have a editor, of course...
>
>Anyway, thanks again for your friendship -
>Ricky

And thank you for YOURS, Ricky.  It's a great article, and certainly does
you justice.  If I were writing the article I'm afraid I'd have to be even
a bit MORE complimentary.  :-)

I do wish the article had mentioned that I wrote the public i article that
lured you out to North Prospect St. and into AWARE in the first
place.  :-)  But then it would have had to mention Susan Parenti,
etc....and where would it end??  Hahaha!

Keep up the wonderful work, Ricky.

"Aw shucks"

John