[Peace-discuss] Why we are in Iraq

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 3 13:12:49 CDT 2007

Dear Peace-Discuss:

    We are in Iraq for three reasons in descending order of importance: oil and the petrodollar (by far the
most important consideration), the maintenance of neoliberal empire through intimidating weaker states,
and the further cementing of our relationship with Israel.  Yes, the Administration is packed with fools;
but, that doesn't obscure that the war in Iraq reflects these very calculating motives of the ruling
establishment or what C. Wright Mills would call "The Power Elite" in corporations, government, and the
military.

                  Nick