[Peace-discuss] Johnson

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 4 10:32:54 CDT 2007

I'm afraid IDF is being co-opted by a Democratic party front group, with
literally millions of dollars.  The name of the "campaign" is a
conscious and vulgar rip-off of a brave civil rights activity of more
than 40 years ago (which most of the real directors of AAEI -- unlike
its local organizers -- are old enough to remember).

And if "the goal of this campaign is to specifically target certain
districts where congress-people have voted for using more troops," what
do you make of the fact that Tim Johnson was one of only 17 Republicans
who voted *against* the "surge"?

And how about the fact that only Republican supporters of the war are
being "targeted" -- no Democrats?

The goal of the campaign is specifically not to get Johnson and other
representatives to vote against funding for the war.  It's to get them
to vote for a Democratic bill that funds the war.

At your press conference tomorrow, you might say that the demand is that
Johnson vote against *all* war funding.  That will make the AAEI people
uncomfortable.

Regards, CGE