[Peace-discuss] Supporting our troops

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 6 14:21:07 CDT 2007

You wrote "Support for the troops and support for victory, not
withdrawal is not the same as supporting W." Of course not. But
victory is not possible. The WMDs were not there. Democracy
can't be established at the point of a gun. There is nothing we
accomplish by remaining except additional slaughter. We did this
before in Vietnam. Several million dead in the end. They died for
what? I think Johnson's reason for escalation was that admitting
error would bring down his "great society" plans. This sort of
nonsense is not supporting our troups, it is deserting them.

Bob