[Peace-discuss] Power intoxicates

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 9 17:22:59 CDT 2007

n.dahlheim wrote:
* won't change anything.
* Human nature is weak and fallible.
* little can be done

Why do people keep saying that no one person can make a difference?

Look what Bush has done. It is amazing the number of things he has reversed or moved along at lightning speed.

Yes, Bush had Cheney (did I get the order wrong?), and they had a Condoleezza Rice and a Scooter Libby and a host of loyal  brawn at Bush's side, but not one of them could have sold any of it to Congress or the American people without Bush.

Surely, one candidate for President or Senator could find good people to work for/with them and then they wouldn't be one person trying to change things.

Individuals alone may not make a difference, but no difference   can be made without individuals.

-karen medina