[Peace-discuss] Power intoxicates

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 18:47:37 CDT 2007

I appreciate yr positive attitude, Karen. Whoever said, "Change is always preceded by hope" had it right. Always easier to tear things down, but stopping there is what gets ME down.

  Here's another person who seconds yr tho'ts --

  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has."       Margaret Mead

  Jenifer

Karen Medina <kmedina at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  n.dahlheim wrote:
* won't change anything.
* Human nature is weak and fallible.
* little can be done

Why do people keep saying that no one person can make a difference?

Look what Bush has done. It is amazing the number of things he has reversed or moved along at lightning speed.

Yes, Bush had Cheney (did I get the order wrong?), and they had a Condoleezza Rice and a Scooter Libby and a host of loyal brawn at Bush's side, but not one of them could have sold any of it to Congress or the American people without Bush.

Surely, one candidate for President or Senator could find good people to work for/with them and then they wouldn't be one person trying to change things.

Individuals alone may not make a difference, but no difference can be made without individuals.

-karen medina