[Peace-discuss] Neocons, theocons, Demcons, excons and future cons…

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Mon Jul 9 21:31:11 CDT 2007

Words by Bill Blum:

                     The Anti-Empire Report
Read this or George W. Bush will be president the rest of your life
                                           July 9, 2007
                                        by William Blum
                                   www.killinghope.org

Neocons, theocons, Demcons, excons, and future cons
Who do you think said this on June 20?   a)Rudy Giuliani; b)Hillary
Clinton; c)George Bush; d)Mitt Romney;
or e)Barack Obama?

     "The American military has done its job. Look what they
accomplished. They got rid of Saddam Hussein. They gave the Iraqis a
chance for free and fair elections. They gave the Iraqi government
the chance to begin to demonstrate that it understood its
responsibilities to make the hard political decisions necessary to
give the people of Iraq a better future. So the American military has
succeeded. It is the Iraqi government which has failed to make the
tough decisions which are important for their own people."[1]

Right, it was the woman who wants to be president because ... because
she wants to be president ... because she thinks it would be nice to
be president ... no other reason, no burning cause, no heartfelt
desire for basic change in American society or to make a better
world ... she just thinks it would be nice, even great, to be
president. And keep the American Empire in business, its routine
generating of horror and misery being no problem; she wouldn't want
to be known as the president that hastened the decline of the empire.

And she spoke the above words at the "Take Back America" conference;
she was speaking to liberals, committed liberal Democrats. She didn't
have to cater to them with any flag-waving pro-war rhetoric; they
wanted to hear anti-war rhetoric (and she of course gave them a bit
of that as well out of the other side of her mouth), so we can assume
that this is how she really feels, if indeed the woman feels anything.

Think of why you are opposed to the war. Is it not largely because of
all the unspeakable suffering brought down upon the heads and souls
of the poor people of Iraq by the American military? Hillary Clinton
couldn't care less about that, literally. She thinks the American
military has "succeeded". Has she ever unequivocally labeled the war
"illegal" or "immoral"? I used to think that Tony Blair was a member
of the right wing or conservative wing of the British Labour Party. I
finally realized one day that that was an incorrect description of
his ideology. Blair is a conservative, a bloody Tory. How he wound up
in the Labour Party is a matter I haven't studied. Hillary Clinton,
however, I've long known is a conservative; going back to at least
the 1980s, while the wife of the Arkansas governor, she strongly
supported the death squad torturers known as the Contras, who were
the empire's proxy army in Nicaragua.[2]

Now we hear from America's venerable conservative magazine, William
Buckley's "National Review", an editorial by Bruce Bartlett, policy
adviser to President Ronald Reagan; treasury official under President
George H.W. Bush; a fellow at two of the leading conservative think-
tanks, the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute; you get the
picture. Bartlett tells his readers that it's almost certain that the
Democrats will win the White House in 2008. So what to do? Support
the most conservative Democrat. He writes: "To right-wingers willing
to look beneath what probably sounds to them like the same identical
views of the Democratic candidates, it is pretty clear that Hillary
Clinton is the most conservative."[3]

We also hear from America's premier magazine for the corporate
wealthy, "Fortune", whose recent cover features a picture of Clinton
and the headline: "Business Loves Hillary".[4]

Do those in love with the idea of a woman president care about such
things? Have they never heard of Margaret Thatcher, who tried her
best to cripple the UK's marvelous National Health Service, amongst a
hundred other reactionary policies? Most of Clinton's supporters
would love to see the end of the Iraqi daily horror and so they
presumably will also ignore Ted Koppel, the newsman of impeccable
establishment credentials, who reported recently that he was told by
someone who had held a senior position at the Pentagon and
occasionally briefs Hillary Clinton on Gulf area matters, that she
expects US troops to still be in Iraq at the end of her first term
and even at the end of her second term.[5]

Continued at http://killinghope.org/aer47.htm