[Peace-discuss] Re: Consensus AND AWARE "disrespectful to...

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 10 12:33:02 CDT 2007

I will just add one thing to Jan's excellent points of yesterday. Dear Bob I., I think your energy is amazing and could perhaps be more efficiently used to design flyers from scratch.

-karen medina

Jan K wrote:
* disclaimer:  (something like:)
"This flyer is produced by a working group of AWARE, but may not reflect the views and opinions of all members of AWARE".
* This is not the first or only flyer that has been distributed as an AWARE flyer without having been approved ahead of distribution by those in attendance on a given Sunday.
* Often a call or idea for a flyer has come up at the last minute and someone has kindly volunteered to write up something. --  Many were thankful someone took care of doing the job.
* One doesn't have approve or agree with everything AWARE does or puts into print as an organization. not even possible with a group.