[Peace-discuss] Mr Smith Goes to Washington

Bill Strutz bill.strutz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:38:25 CDT 2007

      On the lighter side-- "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington: (Jimmy Stewart /
Frank Capra film) is playing at the Virginia Theatre at 7pm on Saturday.

      Meanwhile, we should remember that one of the tactics of the neocons
(and the trolls) is to sow dissension among our ranks, and to make citizens
feel paralyzed by a sense of futility.  We must stick together and
persevere.  That is what they are afraid of.
       Personally, I think it is particularly harmful if we were to presume
that "Anyone we elect would become corrupt" or anything like that.  I am
particularly hopeful about Sen. Dick Durban, and (if he can be persuaded to
run again) about Dr. David Gill.

      Third, are there reactions to Michael Moore's new movie, "SiCKO"?  In
the few days since we saw it, Jane has asked me TWICE, "What country should
we move to?"

      -- Bill