[Peace-discuss] Left and right

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 17 09:38:20 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu>
To: "Chas. 'Mark' Bee" <c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu>
Cc: <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Left and right

> Mark is so afraid

k00k-a-d00dle-d0000!

 that the Democrats will be tarred with the criminality
> of this war (a fate they richly deserve) that he makes up assertions to
> refute.  "The wicked flee when no pursues," say the scriptures.

lol  Poor Carl - he lies, and lies, and lies, and lies.

> Who has argued that "the Democrats are an arm of the administration"?

  You, live on the air - just one of your endless parade of fallacies and
redefinitions.  'The Democratic party is the arm of the Administration
responsible for defusing the antiwar effort' or some such nonsense.

> In fact it's partly their desire to euchre the other faction that leads
> them into unconscionably continuing the war, in order to blame it on the
> Republicans, now that the country is largely opposed to the war.  --CGE
>

> Chas. 'Mark' Bee wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu>

>>> 2. Socrates (my dog) is mortal
>>> 3. Therefore my dog is a man.
>>>
>>> The middle term, mortal, is "undistributed" because neither premise,
>>> though true, refers to all mortal entities.  Similar arguments are quite
>>> common in politics (hello, Robert?), e.g.,
>>>
>>> 1. Traitors don't support the war;
>>> 2. The Left doesn't support the war;