[Peace-discuss] Following us home

illyes at uiuc.edu illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 23:27:34 CDT 2007

I think we all know what would happen if we put one Marine and Mr. bin Laden together in a room. The only person who would leave the room alive would be the Marine, unless the Marine chose to exercise some restraint, which I would guess he would. The notions that bin Laden poses a credible threat to America is laughable. He and his friends can kill some of us, but only by stealth. Only we can kill America.

If I were a Saudi, I would dread bin Laden. But he is their problem, not ours. I do not envy what they have to look forward to. We all know, I suspect, that the Saudi leadership and the Bushes are virtually in bed with each other, but this should not determine US foreign policy. The Saudis need to sort this out. We do not.

Bob