[Peace-discuss] Durbin interview

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 19 22:52:07 CDT 2007

I like the notion of "holding his little clay feet to the fire"!

When there were real universities, the university-educated knew as a
matter of course "corruptio optimi pessima" -- roughly, the worst
corruption was of the potentially best thing.

The Republican do what they say they're going to do -- invade and kill
-- and lie about their reasons.  The Democrats don't do what they say
they're going to do -- stop the war -- and lie about their reasons for
it.  The result is that they support the killing, but, in contrast to
the Republicans, they're hypocritical about it.  --CGE