[Peace-discuss] Iraq War: conf. call with Sen. Durbin

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 20 10:40:23 CDT 2007

No.  Congress could just defeat a bill funding the war.  There would be
nothing to sign or veto, and the money would run out. The Pentagon would
have to use what remained to bring the war to an end.

Instead, the Democrats meekly passed a bill to fund the war in May --
but said, oh, boy, we'll have to see "progress" before we pass another
one in September...  Uh, huh.