[Peace-discuss] new study racial disparity in US prisons

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 20 16:49:35 CDT 2007

There may be nothing surprising in these "racial disparity" numbers.
In the east, for example Connecticut, there was a  very large
migration of blacks from the south for industrial jobs after WWII,
which never much materialized, because the industries evaporated,
leaving a population without jobs or resources to live adequately.
This promoted delinquency and crime. The south didn't have such an
predicament as far as I know.

--mkb