[Peace-discuss] How the story was planted minutes after it happened.

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon Jun 4 16:20:39 CDT 2007

Barrie Zwicker (whom I've met before) is a pretty standup guy with unimpeachable progressive
credentials.  His book Towers of Deception is very well-researched, and I would point out that chapter 3
on how people psychological process events and launder that information through pre-conceived belief
sets explains much of the denial behind the Administration's orchestration of the 911 attacks.  Also, if
you haven't already check out the (now) four books on 911 authored by eminent Whiteheadian
philosopher/theologian Dr. David Ray Griffin.  Check out his talks on Google Video as well.  If 911 is an
inside job, we cannot deal with Congress.  Only one person in Congress has tried to investigate the
Bush Administration's connections to 911, and her grilling of Donald Rumsfeld was a mark of real
courage----Cynthia McKinney who was ousted from her seat this past election cycle.  But, 911 is
deeper than the Bush Administration and a microcosm for what Dr. King warned about: how militarism
and materialism feed each other.  In the United States, the wanton greed that permeates all sectors of
society and the endless desire for comfort at the expense of other peoples and the planet itself sits
uncomfortably in our collective unconscious reality.  It lies there as one of those uncomfortable realities
for which everyone is responsible because they benefit from or depend upon the U.S. political and
socioeconomic system (though some benefit far more than others---the poor and the disappearing
middle class are trained to be nothing but mindless consumers and obedient workers).

So, look at 911 again.  It has much to teach us that is uncomfortable....  Finally, what we do to other
countries routinely in the last half century comes home to roost.  This should come as a surprise to
nobody who maintains at least a perfunctory level of awareness about the mendacity and violence at
the heart of the American government and the rapacious corporations it most ably represents.

We need to be considering building local economies and local communities.  We need to accept defeat
as the Democrats continue to side with the elite interests that not only profit from war but depend upon
it to keep the American system itself afloat.  Either be with centralizing or de-centralizing.  The pro-
centralization team turns its head after the Bush Administration attacks American citizens in the most
vicious of ways....