[Peace-discuss] "Conspiracy theories"

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:21:00 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <n.dahlheim at mchsi.com>
To: "Neil Parthun" <lennybrucefan at gmail.com>
Cc: <Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:14 PM
Subject: [Peace-discuss] "Conspiracy theories"

> Neil,
>    What about the "conspiracy theory" of 19 Arab hijackers run by a guy in
> a cave fooling the world's best
> air defense system and causing 3 buildings to fall into dust in NEw York
> City when hit by 2 planes.

  There simply isn't any problem with that.  I wish there were, but there's
not.

 Read
> "New Pearl Harbor" or "911 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions"
> or "Debunking 911
> Debunking" by Dr. David Ray Griffin.

  Yes, we're quite aware there are a few individuals making money off of
these hoaxes.

  It will open your eyes.  In addition, the Bush Administration has lied
> about practically everything they have done; and save for Condi Rice
> nobody in the Administration's  inner
> circle testified openly before the 911 Commission.  What did they have to
> hide?

   See below.

  Why should we believe the
> official version of 911 when the Bush people clearly used it to advance
> their own nefarious agenda?

  That's not a real reason not to believe it.  Please exercise proper mental
hygiene, you're getting chocolate in your peanut butter.

"The following are all uncontroversial facts reported in the mainstream
media:

On or about Jan. 20th, 2001, as the Clinton administration transitioned
to the Bush, NSC chief Sandy Berger briefed Condi Rice extensively on the
terrorism threat posed by bin Laden, telling her she would be spending
more time on this threat than she ever imagined. At the Dept. of Defense,
William Cohen was performing the same courtesy for Don Rumsfeld, again
with a sharp reminder of the terrorist threat in the form of a hand-written
letter to Rumsfeld containing the phone numbers of people in the Pentagon
Rumsfeld needed to speak to directly on the subject. On Jan. 26th, the CIA
confirmed to the new Bush administration that bin Laden and Al Qaeda were
responsible for the attack on the U.S.S. Cole which killed 17 American
sailors.

The response of the Bush administration was to cease Predator drone
surveillance flights to track bin Laden, reassign the cruise-missile
equipped submarine stationed in the Indian Ocean with the specific mission
of targeting bin Laden, reassign the AC-130 gunships on scramble alert that
could be on top of bin Laden after a six hour flight, suspend the special
forces operations targeting bin Laden already based in Uzbekistan for the
purpose thanks to a treaty signed by Bill Clinton.

In May, June and July, the sole remaining Clinton appointee, CIA Director
Tenet, was frantic with concern over incoming intelligence indicating a huge
terrorist attack on American soil. Vice-President Dick Cheney was head
of a
new counter-terrorism task force, yet held no meetings. Attorney General
John Ashcroft refused FBI requests for hundreds of new agents to be assigned
to counter-terrorism; his concerns were drugs and pornography, yet in late
July he stopped flying commercial airliners due to a "threat assessment."
The general threat assessment was considered to be the most severe in
decades
according to CIA's Tenet; members of the Senate Intelligence Committee were
briefed on the situation on July 5th.

Also in July, an Arizona FBI agent wrote the 'Phoenix Memo,' expressing
concern about possible Al Qaeda members taking flying lessons in this
country towards the end of terrorist attacks. One of the two FBI officials
to see it before the attacks was New York counter-terrorism chief John
O'Neill; contemporaneous with the timing of this memo was O'Neill's remarks
to the authors of 'Bin Laden: The Hidden Truth,' wherein O'Neill expressed
his outrage with the Bush administration's thwarting of counter-terrorist
efforts in the interests of protecting its Saudi sponsors. John O'Neill
would soon quit the FBI in disgust, only to die at his new job as chief of
security at the WTC.

Also in July, the FAA rescinded the rule allowing airline pilots to be
armed,
a rule that had been in force since 1961.

August found George W. Bush 'vacationing' for the entire month in rural
Texas, while Dick Cheney similarly spent the month in rural Wyoming. On
August 1st actor James Woods as flying from Logan to Los Angeles, sharing
1st class with four Middle Eastern men, who ate nothing, drank nothing,
read nothing, nor slept the entire flight, only making occasional low
comments to one another. Woods remarked to the flight attendant that 'These
guys act like they're going to hijack the plane,' and once the plane landed
he repeated his concerns to the FAA. All four men were hijackers on Sept.
11th. On Aug. 6th, Bush himself was apparently finally briefed about the
specific threat of attacks on American soil. His vacation continued. On Aug.
17th, the Minneapolis FBI office arrested Zacarias Moussaoui, on the basis
of an expired student visa and very curious pilot training requests. FBI
field agents at this office were convinced of Moussaoui's intentions as a
terrorist, and repeatedly tried to obtain a FISA (Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Act) warrant to search his computer. In early Sept., French
Intelligence informed both the CIA and the FBI that Moussaoui had Al Qaeda
connections. A FISA warrant remained ungranted against Moussaoui, even
though under Clinton and Janet Reno no FISA request had been refused.

As an interesting aside, before 9/11 Ashcroft was known to put in 3 1/2 day
work weeks at the Dept. of Justice. In the early months of the
administration,
FBI agents flew to Ashcroft's home in rural Missouri to obtain his signature
on a wire-tap for a terrorism investigation. Ashcroft was so displeased to
see the agents, he had them stand out in the cold while he sat in his pickup
to read and sign the documents.

On Sept. 4th, Cheney's counter-terrorism task force met for the first time.
According to the Pentagon's liaison for terrorism, Gen. Kerrik, Clinton's
had met almost weekly, but with Bush he "didn't see that same kind of
focus."
On Sept. 10, Diane Feinstein, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee
briefed on July 5th, asked Dick Cheney's chief of staff Scooter Libby when
the administration would start focusing on these terror threats which had
so pre-occupied CIA's Tenet, the most severe in decades - she was told it
would have to wait another six months.

So, obviously, it's all Clinton's fault.

Pre-9/11 And The Bush Administration. It's All Clinton's Fault, Right?

by Kent Southard