[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] N-G needs to be stopped

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:56:15 CST 2007

I agree with Rachel's interpretation of the intent. Still, perhaps
it's a reminder that the use of charged symbols to try to illustrate
that other symbols are offensive is not always effective (at least, if
the goal is to rally people to one's side, rather than, say, retaliate
by creating further offense.) I have often lobbied Palestinian
comrades that "star of david = swastika" posters are not particularly
effective, usually to little effect.