[Peace-discuss] Johns Hopkins

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:52:07 CDT 2007

I agree with Stuart regarding using the Johns Hopkins estimate.
I also suspect it is too high, but since their methodology was
reasonably thought out it is better than a guess (which is what
we have for Vietnam, I believe). But whether the Foreign:US
figure is 30:1 or 200:1, the slaughter is horrific.

I might as well join Stuart and comment on the flag. There is
too much hysteria out there regarding the flag. Some folks
consider it sacred. Other folks want to burn it or do various
obscene things to it. All this is just distraction for the real
issue, which is stopping an illegal war and a fascist wannabe
administration that is looking more like the Nixon administration
by the day.

Arguing about the flag is just what the bad guys would want us to
do. It keeps us from accomplishing the real work of peace. Remember
COINTELPRO.

Bob