[Peace-discuss] Listen up, Mark has a message for you..... Fascism is on the rise locally!

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 24 15:13:18 CDT 2007

>These radio advertising spots are to sell his business,

Is Mark Thompson selling his business (Slot and Wing)? That would be interesting.

>Mr. Thompson is given at no cost, advertising space for his
>business and for his anti-AWARE views.

Lucky guy. Surely he'll go bankrupt at some point though, even if he gets advertising for free. He's a kook. Maybe he is investing in the pro-war campaign in some way. Perhaps people weren't donating the huge flags on the cranes that were in his parking lot.(?) Surely his anti-AWARE campaign is costing him in some way. After all, we are a local branch of the world-wide campaign, according to him, and he is on a mission to un-AWARE Champaign-Urbana.

>Thompson to claim he needed a police escort out of the 3/1/07 Cindy Sheehan event to protect him from being physically assaulted by the proponents of peace.

I wondered why the guy in a uniform came in. Do you think Mark Thompson could have actually hired the uniform to fetch him? I wondered why Mark didn't have anything to say, he was just spouting accusations which totally perplexed Sheehan's audience (there were loads of mothers there to hear her). Perhaps Mark was counting on the attendees getting angry with him and he wanted to catch some sort of violence on his camcorder (which he had in hand). The worst he got was a few people turning their backs on him. But as Mark was leaving (completely on his own free will), Muhammad was shouting from the back left "come back and talk to us"). Then a uniformed man came in the back right door of the room (he hadn't been there before) and followed Mark out the left front door while Cindy got back to answering the questions from the audience. It was all very odd.

-karen medina