[Peace-discuss] Voting

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 14:03:55 CDT 2007

I grant you that the Wikipedia is not extremely reliable. The trouble
is that nothing else is either. The error rate in any published
material is rather high, and all must be taken with a grain of salt.
In engineering, there's something called a handbook engineer, which is
someone who believes everything in engineering handbooks is correct,
and designs based on them alone. Stay away from things such a person
designs.

Does anyone know from what they consider a more reliable source, such
as perhaps the books Marti mentioned, whether Mr. Carlin does in fact
not vote?

Of the folks who could register to vote, a third did not bother to
register. This is an extremely hard-won right, yet this many folks
are indifferent to it. I fear that the country is drowning in a sea
of cynicism.

Bob