[Peace-discuss] Fractious sheep?

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 29 12:55:51 CDT 2007

>"Anyone who thinks they have a seat at the table will never be a revolutionary or anything worse than a mildly fractious sheep",
>says Chuck.

I am a peace activist, and the reasons I am a peace activist are the very things that make me not a revolutionary.

Revolution can end up with the same situations just under different leadership (very much like Orwell's Animal Farm).

Some really great changes have come from people who never led a revolution -- they were just trying to get a few things straightened out, not to take over. By not being revolutionaries, they set humanity on a better track.

Specifically looking at the United States, a revolution now would lead to another one in a few years. There are enough pro-military-industrial-complex people out there that changing the power would just put those pmic people in a place where they can fester and incubate.

-karen medina