[Peace-discuss] Mildly

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 19:38:43 CDT 2007

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
Hear, here!! What he said!!

Can we agree that democracy does work after a fashion, but that it works
badly or in a half-assed manner? Can we agree that it works better for
some than others, namely them that has the gold who makes the rules? Can
we agree that democracy works better on a local level than it does on a
larger scale?

  IMO it still takes too much money to get elected for a significant local office - if the locality is of any size.

Can we agree with Winston Churchill that "Democracy is the worst form of
government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time
to time" ?

It seems to me that implicit in democracy is that the majority is always right. We know that is not true. I would guess that it is more often wrong, but then I might be cynical.

  But judge for yourself, don't be afraid, Watch This or This