[Peace-discuss] US "Sociocide" in Iraq; Democratic capitulation

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu May 24 20:25:09 CDT 2007

Andrew Bacevich, the conservative war critic whose son was killed in
Iraq lat week, says (on NPR, which desperately tried to spin it), "What
kind of democracy is this when the people do speak and the people's
voice is unambiguous -- but nothing happens?"

It's the wretched Democrats (including Feingold et al.) who've made sure
nothing happens.  They've played their historical role of neutralizing
what Americans (and Iraqis) have said they want, namely, an end to the
war.  --CGE