[Peace-discuss] Fw: 4th of July Parade -- you'll LOVE this year's theme...

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 16:56:32 CDT 2007

The grim reaper could be wearing one of those yellow Walmart happy faces on his robe, sitting in a big fancy gas-guzzler car (or, does anyone have a convertible?) w/ fat cats named "Military" and "Industrial Complex," "Corporate America," "Big Pharma," "War Profiteer," etc, etc...

  Victims of Free Enterprise walking behind could be trade unions, American jobs, the environment, public schools, New Orleans, etc etc... and of course slaves, child laborers, Native Americans, in addition to mom and pop stores, war casualties, etc.

  Okay, I'm really over the top with this now, but how 'bout a boom box blaring out (to the tune of "Whisky, Killed My Honey Dead") our very own  "Free Enterprise, Killed My Country (Planet?) Dead" I even know some musicians who might be willing to record it, if some of you want to take a crack at writing the lyrics.

  I can't BELIEVE the NG left themselves open to this. Can they REALLY be that CLUELESS??

  Jenifer

  Jenifer

Ricky Baldwin <baldwinricky at yahoo.com> wrote:
  How about a large graveyard scene on the back of a
wagon with the grim reaper sporting a Wal-Mart nametag
and tombstones with "R.I.P. Free Enterprise - Killed
by Corporate Welfare and Monopolizing", ghosts could
be rising up with names like "Mom & Pop Stores",
"Co-ops", and/or similar stuff ...?

The thing is, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS FREE
ENTERPRISE. It's a fantasy. A myth. A vicious lie
to justify an even greater set of crimes...

But is there a way to portray some of the crimes?
Like corporate mercenaries? Clearly, without too much
text?

Something to pin names on like Blackwater, Halliburton
... Torture, Inc... Occupation Corporation ... Death
Squads R Us ... Maybe these could be listed
("thanked?") as cosponsors of the cemetery ... ? Too
much reading required? Could these be *ads*?

...maybe ads ... on the sides of tanks or houses of
torture ... something military ... ?

Ricky

--- Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

> which is... AMERICA SALUTES FREE ENTERPRISE!!! (Can
> you BELIEVE it???!!!)
>
> I'll write the check for the entry fee (still $25
> after all these years) just assuming AWARE will be
> creating another award-winning float, if someone
> will offer to take the forms, fill them out, and
> send everything in. Deadline to enter w/o late fee
> is June 22nd.
>
> Please email me your name and street address if y're
> willing to have me send the forms and check to you.
>
> Thanks,
> Jenifer

that gives answers, not web links.