[Peace-discuss] Ron Paul supports Democratic leadership, votes twice against Kucinich impeachment bill

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 12:52:09 CST 2007

Well, THAT's a blunt instrument, and as such not really accurate.

But what about the issue of Kucinich vs Paul?  It's pretty clear, and not just from this example,
that Kucinich is head and shoulders more worthy of support from an anti-racist anti-war movement
interested in promoting principles, especially one with any hint of social justice (e.g. folks
interested in universal healthcare, public assistance for the poor, things like that.)

I can see the logic of a strategy like voting for Ron Paul to maximize disruption in the GOP, but
I think we'd more likely outsmart ourselves.  We don't have the numbers or the discipline to
really strategize effectively.  Even if we did, what message do we send to the Democrats (who may
win) with decreasing support for Kucinich?

Ricky