[Peace-discuss] [onward4america@yahoo.com: [Aware] Remember the Oct 27th Protest and March?]

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 9 22:54:58 CST 2007

----- Forwarded message from Kevin Gosztola <onward4america at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:17:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Kevin Gosztola <onward4america at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Aware] Remember the Oct 27th Protest and March?
To: aware at anti-war.net

Remember the Oct 27th Protest and March? It was truly
something wasn't it? Thousands of Americans flooded the streets for a peaceful
protest calling for peace and justice. They came out calling for America to
reject war as an instrument of foreign policy. We all spoke out for an end to
the Iraq war, no war with Iran, and for the impeachment of Cheney and Bush.
We also stood up for our civil liberties by speaking out even when the
powerful forces that be loomed over us hoping we would obey them and keep quiet.

But it wasn't entirely a glorious day. Did you know that three
students were arrested during the march and were brutalized?  Click on
the link and check out the story.

    http://www.opednews.com/articles/genera_sergey_t_071107_hold_your_heads_high.htm

These students now face legal defense fees of about $2,500 each. And they need
your help.

We would like you to donate money by contacting wcwstudentschicago at yahoo.com
and asking them about donations. We know you would want help from others if you
had been targeted like they were.

However, if you cannot manage to throw a few dollars their way, please send
them an email to the same address giving them a message of hope.
They need your support to get through this struggle.

Yet, don't think they have been deterred from fighting for freedom, justice,
and peace in America.  These students are coming together in solidarity
with the students who are being expelled at Morton West High School
in Chicago and will be holding a press conference at 4 pm in front of the
military recruitment center on Harrison Street between State and Wabash.
If you would like to speak or attend, please contact them or reply to this
email so the exact details can be sent your way. If you cannot speak or
attend, please inform others that this press conference is taking place.

Thank you.

Kevin Gosztola, OpEdNews Trusted Author, Activist, and Film
Student at Columbia College Chicago