[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Bush and Cheney are Shredding the Constitution: Had enough?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 01:23:08 CST 2007

A friend forwarded this, so I will, too...
   -- Jenifer

Interested?  I've signed this--but then I've signed so many about so much I'm liable to end up in Guantanamo myself.  Now that would be a sight.     lg

Dear Reader,

To the shock of many, the Bush Administration, ignoring Habeas Corpus and the U.S. Constitution, has continued to violate domestic and international laws through its use of torture and offshore prison camps. The Center for Constitutional Rights has led the fight for human rights with incredible diligence and creativity. CCR takes the third Guantanamo case to the Supreme Court on December 5th, and they deserve our strongest support. Please click through and sign the petition to close Guantanamo and watch their video.

Don Hazen
Executive Editor, AlterNet.org

    center for constitutional rights

Join the Center for Constitutional Rights in sending a clear message to President Bush that our Constitution must be rescued!

   Watch our new video featuring "Vagina Monologues" author Eve Ensler.
   Sign a petition demanding Guantanamo be shut down.
   Send a copy of the Constitution to George Bush.

The Center for Constitutional Rights won the first Guantánamo case in the Supreme Court more than three years ago. On December 5, 2007, CCR will again represent the men at Guantánamo in the highest court in the land to demand their right to know why they are being held.
To find out more about our cases go here.

But the case goes beyond Guantánamo - in it, CCR is directly challenging the power grab of President Bush, represented by the use of torture in violation of domestic and international law and his assertion that he can hold anyone indefinitely anywhere in the world.

All of us need to take action to make sure that our rights - and our Constitution - are rescued from the hands of the Bush administration, where they have been systematically shredded for the past seven years:
   Watch a new CCR video where Eve Ensler, author of the "Vagina Monologues" speaks about why we as a country need to move beyond Guantánamo and rescue the Constitution.
   Sign CCR's petition to President Bush and Vice President Cheney that calls for Guantánamo and all offshore prison camps to be closed, the restoration of habeas corpus, and an immediate end to the government's illegal and immoral use of torture and extraordinary rendition. We will be delivering the petition to Bush and Cheney on January 11, 2008 - the sixth anniversary of the first arrival of men at Guantánamo.
   Better yet, send Bush an early holiday gift, courtesy of CCR, and remind him of something he seems to have forgotten about: his oath to protect and uphold the Constitution. Our goal is to flood the Oval Office with copies of the Constitution; click here to help us do that.

Help us challenge the unchecked power of the Bush administration and rescue the Constitution from the shredder! Watch the video, sign the petition, and send a copy of the Constitution to President Bush. Let's move beyond Guantánamo.

  Center for Constitutional Rights ll 666 Broadway 7th floor NY, NY 10012 ll 212-614-6464 ll www.ccrjustice.org

  AlterNet does not share, sell, or rent our subscribers' addresses.
Occasionally we do send out announcements or offers
we think our readers would find interesting or useful.